Do you love music? Want to compose music on your own with the help of free music production software? Then you are in the right place. In this post, you will find a cool and best free music production software.
These free music production software can be used by anyone who is striving to compose the music either as a hobby or planning to learn the music composition.
Who Can Use These Best Free Music Production Software Apps:
Frankly, if you are a beginner or intermediate stage of learning music composition means these apps will help you a lot. When you move on to the pro level then you definitely have to use a premium version of music production software. But, presently to start you can use these free music production software.
Let’s get into the list of best free music software of 2019:
Best Free Music Production Software of 2019
Music software are also called as the digital audio workstation (DAW) software as well. So, as you are striving to check off the free music production software let’s get into the list.
Best Free Music Production Software DarkWave Studio:
DarkWave Studio is one of the best free music production software in 2019. This music production software supports windows platform from Windows XP to latest Windows 10. Darkwave Studio is a free version so you don’t have to pay for anything but it will have enough ads.
This software is light in weight and doesn’t take much storage space. DarkWave studio has some solid platform features such as Virtual Studio, Sequence Editor, Pattern Editor, and multi hard disk recorder as well. With the help of this editor, you can edit all the digital music tracks and patterns.
This darkwave editor also allows you to arrange and mix the musical track patterns. The best option on Darkwave is HD recorder as it includes different recording options. This software has 19 different plug-ins which makes it even more interesting software to work on.
- Multi-track hard disk recorder.
- Supports both Native x86 and x86 windows platform.
- Limitlessly Expandable plugin support.
- It has multi CPU Support.
- Double precision floating point audio processor.
- ASIO of low latency and Direct Sound Support.
Most Popular Music Production Software Garage Band:
Garage Band is one of the most popular music production softwares. It’s a user-friendly free digital music production software. This software is fully equipped with loads of features and helps you to compose music on your Mac.
You can easily get this app on the App Store and also get software tutorials as well. Garage band helps you to compose sounds with the help of its features. This tool has a complete sound library this includes voice, guitar, drums, and more sounds. Garage Band allows you to create a song with more than 200 tracks and it has a simple option of adding virtual drummer sessions as well.
This is thus far the easiest software which can help you to learn, play, create, record and share your music. The cool part of this software is you can create music with or without a musical instrument. With this software, you can make professional-sounding right away either by plugin your mic or guitar and you can also choose from its array of splendid features.
By using the garage band you can create all types of drum tracks from all zoners such as Hip hop, indie, western, EDM and more.
- Share with a single click and release your song worldwide.
- You can record, mix and master your tunes.
- Make use of built-in piano and guitar lessons.
- Get powerful access with shape-shifting controls such as 100EDM – transform pad smart control and so on.
LMMS is one of the best free music production tools you can use in 2019. This is popular cross-platform software which you can install and compose your songs in your computer. With this LMMS software, you can create great tunes, beats, and even mix the sounds. This tool is available on Mac, PC, and Linux as well.
LMMS is perfectly suitable for composers who love to start their music composing journey. The software has five editors which help you create lovely melodies along with fx editors. You can also arrange samples with a wide range of synthesizers as well.
This LMMS program is a proven software which has produced great results for lots of beginners. its compatibility with other software is also good and you will find a mix of features which improves its range in music production software.
LMMS has a MIDI keyboard so its a modern interface which helps users in the perfect way. with this software you can export your files into different formats such as MP3, AIF, WAV and can transfer files quickly.
Platform: Mac, PC and Linux.
- LMMS is having a user-friendly song editor for quickly composing songs.
- It has bassline and beat editor for creating baselines and beats.
- Easy to use Piano roll for editing melody patterns.
- It has an FX mixer and full user-defined track automation feature.
- LMMS is compatible with other software such as Soundfont2, Guspatches, MIDI and more.
- You can import all the MIDI files, to the project file.
Audacity is quite a popular free open-source software. this special tool is one of the best free music production software in 2019. With this software, you can do hell lot of tasks such as record music, edit soundtracks and so on. Although it’s popular I had mentioned it in this place because it is not a digital audio workstation it’s just a digital audio editor.
But nevertheless, it has some great features such as edit samples, process audio tracks, export files, convert them into different formats such as MP3, AIF, WAV, etc. This interface of audacity is seamlessly easy and it readily available for download. You can download this tool and install it on your PC, Mac and Linux systems as well.
Platform: Windows, Mac and Linux.
- An audacity is an open-source software which is free to download.
- You can quickly edit and record audio tracks on this software.
- Record live audio seamlessly.
- Record the computer playback on any Windows device.
- You can convert tapes and records into the CDs and other digital recording formats.
- Easily edit AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3, WAV or Ogg Vorbis tracks
- You can change the speed of the recording.
Ardour is one of the best free music production software in 2019. It is a music production workstation where you can do lots of tasks with its powerful features. If you are a beginner who loves to record, edit and mix music then you can use this powerful workstation.
This ardor is a cross-platform software where it supports Mac, Windows, and Linux. With this software, you can make your music work easier. Ardor helps you to cut, move, stretch, paste, delete, trim, and align the music. Along with that, you can also use the zoom, transpose, quantize, swing, and other features.
Transform your music track with all the effects and features such as solo, fader, dynamics, send, post-fader, sync and more. Its floating-point fidelity feature can help you a lot as well.
Platforms: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Create music tracks with fewer efforts by using effective Ardour DAW features.
- it has special plugins with accurate automation feature.
- Has transport sync and external control surfaces feature.
- Video timeline can help you out.
- Powerful signal routing feature and more.
Qtractor is another popular Linux only music production software. It has all the special features and tools which are perfectly suited for beginners. This app is an extremely helpful app for all Linux users. As it has all the features such as MII file, nonlinear, editing, Multitrack support and more.
This software uses jacks for audio and it also uses ALSA Sequence as well for MIDI. In this software, you can find out the multi-track audio support and Recording feature. This tool easily exports all your files in any format.
- Multi-track audio and MIDI sequencing and recording.
- Supports all kind of audio file formats such as OGG, Mp3, Mp2, WAV, FLAC, AIFF and more.
- It has nondestructive editing tools with an unlimited number of tracks per project.
- You can use an unlimited number of overlapping clips
- All the user-friendly features such as drag, move, drop, cut, copy, delete, paste, split, freeze and split are working perfectly.
- You will also have a built-in mixer and monitor to control sounds.
Temper is yet another free music editing tool which works perfectly. This tool can be easily integrated with other software to sync your music. With this tool, you will have a powerful MIDI editing environment where you can edit music.
It works on the MIDI and Audio Sequencer feature and has advanced functionalities such as interactive algorithm composition tools and so on. With this tool, you can use the multi-core audio engine to edit multiple music tracks.
- The best tool for event routing and manipulation.
- It has powerful MIDI editing options.
- This tool performs multiple takes per track.
- It can simultaneously edit and do multiple tasks.
- Multicore audio engine feature will also help you.
This is all about the best free music production software in 2019 post. All these softwares are free to download and there features which makes them special. If you are striving to check out the best music production software then you can make use of this post.