In 2020, reels were introduced, and since then, these have become the most popular as well as engaging type of content on Instagram. The algorithm of this social media platform favors video content, and that’s why reels can easily draw the attention of larger audiences than static Instagram posts. Whether you are willing to download Instagram Reels for inspiration and future reference or you want to use the reel on a different platform, you will not find any default feature letting you do so. However, there is nothing to worry as several workarounds are there. Go through this article to learn how to download Instagram reels.
Can You Download Instagram Reels?
You are capable of downloading Instagram Reels from the account you use to your smartphone. But do you want to grab content from the Instagram feed of someone else? Then, you need to use a workaround. However, previously, it was not possible for users to download reels from the public accounts of the other users using the native tools of Instagram. But, now, they have introduced this feature for the users in the US. But if you are living elsewhere or the feature is unavailable to you, some methods are there to sidestep the limitation to download Reels. Let’s check it.
How To Download Your Own Instagram Reels:
Suppose you posted something to Instagram Reels a while back, and you are willing to use the footage for a freshly launched TikTok account, or you want to share this with your LinkedIn followers. The process of downloading your Instagram Reels that are already live is as follows:
- Your first job is to open Instagram. Then, you need to navigate to the account and move to the Reels tab.
- After finding the Reels that you are willing to save, your job is to tap on this in order to open the video up in full-screen mode.
- Next, your task is to pull up the menu by hitting the three dots in the bottom right corner. Then, you should tap on Save to Camera Roll.
- Now, you will see the video saving automatically to your device.
In this way, you are able to save your Instagram Reel to your phone.
How To Download Instagram Reels On iPhone:
No matter — whether you have the native tool or not, these are a few methods following which you are capable of downloading & saving Instagram Reels.
Use Instagram’s Built-in Tool:
Instagram has recently introduced the ability to download other users’ public Reels. However, this feature has been available for years on the TikTok platform. The procedure is very easy. First, you have to click on Share (the paper airplane icon), and thereafter, your job is to click on Download. After that, the Reel will begin to download to your camera roll.
Record Your Screen:
Suppose, you are scrolling your IG feed & spot a video that you like, then you should record your screen to save it to your iPhone.
- In order to begin recording the screen, you have to navigate to Settings.
- Then, you have to move to the Control Center.
- Now, you should add Screen Recording to Included Controls so that the feature can easily be accessed from your control screen.
- As soon as you are done, your job is to launch the Instagram app.
- Then, you need to find the video which you are willing to record and then let it play.
- Swiping down is possible from there in order to access the Control Center from the screen top.
- Then, you need to hit the record button.
- Now, you need to capture what you require. Audio will also be recorded using Apple’s screen recorder.
- Once you complete recording, you will see the top-quality video being saved automatically to your camera roll. You can trim the video to your required length.
Use A Third-party App:
By recording your screen, you will be able to capture video easily. If you are willing to save your favorite content to your device quickly, then you should try using third-party apps. InstDown and InSaver are some popular options for iOS.
How To Download Instagram Reels On Android:
The three ways to download Instagram Reels on Android are as follows.
Use Instagram’s built-in tool:
- Your first job is to click on Share (the paper airplane icon).
- Next, you need to tap on Download.
- After that, you will see the Reel downloading to your camera roll.
Record Your Screen:
Whether you do not have the default tool, you are capable of recording video from your screen. In this case, your task is to swipe down from the top of your screen and then the Screen Recording button. Now, you have to move to the Reel which you are willing to record. After that, you should allow your phone to do the magic.
As soon as you secure the footage, the thing you have to do is to go to the Photos app. Then, your task is to click on the Library and head toward Movies. Thus, you are able to find your recording.
Use A Third-party App:
Just like on iOS, when you use a 3rd party app, you are able to get rid of the hassle of trimming screen recording whenever you download Reel.
- When you use these tools, your job is to copy the link to the Reel that you are willing to download.
- After that, your task is to paste this into the app.
- Now, you need to hit the Download button.
You can use a few of these apps to download Instagram Stories.
How To Download Instagram Reels On A Desktop:
Do you want to edit or color-correct a video with more heavy-duty software? Then, your job is to download a Reel directly to a desktop computer.
If you are using a Mac or PC, you can use several third-party apps for downloading or screen recording Reels to your computer with just a few clicks. Here, we are going to mention some options:
- OBS Studio
- QuickTime (built-in iOS feature)
How To Save Instagram Reels To Watch Later:
If you don’t want to repost a Reel to a different platform, you can save this for later, which is far better than downloading it. When you add Instagram Reels to your Saved collection, you are capable of creating one folder that is simple to access and has all your favorite snippets.
The way through which you are able to save Reels on Instagram is as follows:
- Your first job is to open the Reel, which you are willing to save.
- Then, you have to click on the three dots icon in the screen’s bottom right corner.
- Next, you have to click on Save.
- Once it pops up in the center of your screen, it will work.
If you are willing to access the saved collection, your job is to navigate to the profile page.
- Then, you have to click on the three lines (a.k.a. the hamburger icon) located in the screen’s top right corner.
- Then, you need to click on Saved.
When you open your Saved folder, you can see three tabs at the top of the screen. You should move to the Reels tab in order to check every video you have saved.
Who can download your reels?
It depends on the privacy settings of the account.
For Public Accounts:
Downloading & sharing your reels are possible for anyone who uses Instagram unless you change the reel download settings. The default setting for downloading reels will remain off for Instagram users under 18 with public accounts. However, you can turn on this setting at any time.
For Private Accounts:
People on Instagram are unable to download your reels unless you change the privacy setting of your account to public.
Things To Remember:
- When it comes to talking about public accounts, your created new reels can be downloaded unless you change your reels download settings.
- Downloaded reels are going to add an Instagram watermark, your username & audio attribution.
- Copies of reels that are downloaded onto a device are not going to be affected if you change the reels download settings.
- As part of downloading reels, you can add original audio in a downloaded reel when the original reel that contained that original audio is downloadable.
- You can’t use downloaded reels for commercial purposes. Remember that this social media platform is unable to control the activity of people with reels after they download them.
When you share a reel—
- Your first job is to record and edit the reel to start the process. Then, you have to click on the Next in the bottom right.
- After that, you have to click on More Options at the bottom.
- Now, you have to scroll down and click on Advanced Settings.
- Your next task is to scroll down to Allow people to download the reels. Then, you need to click on it. Otherwise, you are able to turn the setting on or off.
- You should now choose if you wish to turn on or off downloading for every reel or only the reel that you upload.
- Finally, your task is to click on the top left to go back. Then, you have to click on Share at the bottom.
The Bottom Line:
In this article, we have discussed how to download Instagram reels. While you can download Instagram reels on iPhone, it is also possible to do so on Android. Still, if you have further queries, let us know via comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Instagram reel videos?
This one is a feature letting you create & share short-form video content on Instagram. The length of these videos can be up to 60 seconds. You can add music, special effects, & creative editing to these videos. Through the reel videos, Instagram users can express themselves as well as entertain their followers.
How to Download Instagram Reels Videos?
By downloading Instagram Reel videos, you will be able to save & share entertaining content. Downloading Reels videos is possible using the free & anonymous Reels Downloader tool.
How do you download private Instagram reels?
In order to download videos, Reels, and stories, your first job is to log in to your Instagram account by PC. Then, you need to copy/paste a private post url. After copying the link, you need to open this in a new browser tab and copy it. Finally, your job is to copy the page’s source data. Then, you should paste this in the box below. Now, you have to hit the download button.