All most all people love to have their own privacy because it helps all the individuals to maintain their individuality. Now, with this growing technology and mobile phone usage, all most of apps are tracking the locations of their users.
Although we are the main persons who are letting the apps but we shouldn’t do it when we want our privacy. Most of you might already know that all the apps track your location data to serve you better and deliver you with the best experiences.
Why Turn Off Location Tracking on Your iPhone or iPad is Important
This is good for some extent, but some of the apps secretly sell our private data to advertisers, and they will take the benefit of it. In the recent survey of new york times, it has been revealed that private data is precisely collected up to 14,000 times per day. Its just a huge number and we all know that. Right?
Thankfully, this survey also says that IOS users are protected better than Android users. Although IOS is not that safe but it is better when compared to the android. So, if you don’t want to take the chance and want to know how to turn off location tracking on your iPhone or iPad means don’t worry I’ll tell you about that in this post.
If you do care about your privacy and want to stay away from the hyper-targeted ads to your phone means you have to protect your privacy by following the below steps which are mentioned in this topic ” How to turn off location tracking on your iPhone or iPad.
In this post, I am going to let you know about how to turn off location tracking on your iPhone and iPad. Along with that if you want to disable your location tracking entirely means I will let you know about that process as well.
Firstly let’s know the process of how to quickly disable location tracking entirely and give no chance to the apps to trace your location in iPhone.
How to quickly disable location tracking entirely:
To be honest, disabling location tracking entirely is not recommended. But you may have your own reasons for it. So, if you are incredibly likely to disable location tracking entirely means you can do that but remember one thing. If you do that, you won’t be able to access google maps and also you cant able to trace your phone if it’s lost. or you can’t even use find my iPhone feature.
So, if you are ready with it, then you can follow the below process to disable your iPhone location tracking.
- Firstly, open the settings app on your iPhone.
- Then quickly scroll down and find the privacy option.
- After that, select location services.
- Then un-toggle the location services at the top of the menu.
That’s it with that you can completely disable the location tracking/ If you want to follow another process then you can scroll down, and you can even disable the “Share My Location” option. It’s a helpful feature which lets you to send your location to your friends through WhatsApp or other messages etc.
If you are in danger you can just get help from this feature but if you disable that you might be in trouble at the times when you need to share location. So, it’s recommended to switch it on.
You can follow the same process to the iPad as well. With this topic “ How to turn off location tracking on your iPhone” you can do it.
How to Turn Off Location Tracking on Your iPhone for Certain Apps:
For instance, google maps is always useful for almost all users. Most of the users always keen to use this app because it is helpful. But, at the same time, they don’t want other apps to access their location. In that case, you can restrict specific apps which you don’t need.
If you install an app, then apple asks you at the installation process itself that whether this app required to access location or not. And if you want you can turn it on, or you turn it off. If you missed the step over there means you can do that now with the help of below process.
So, let’s get into the process of How to turn off location tracking on your iPhone for a specific app.
- Click on the settings app to open it.
- Go and click on the privacy option.
- Now, select location services.
- In that, you will find tons of options which includes the above option to turn off location as well.
- Here to you want to disable specific app so just scroll down to the App’s Listing and select the app.
- Now you will see options like: While using the app, Always and never.
- Choose the best option you want. I mostly recommend “while using the app” as primarily helpful. So you can use that feature.
- If you want to remove that completely, then click on “Never.”
- If you rarely operate the app means select “Always.”
That’s it now head over and close the setting tab. This is How to turn off location tracking on your iPhone for a specific app.
Until now we How to turn off location tracking for specific apps and completely as well. In this post, we will see how to turn off location tracking used by the iPhone itself in this topic.
How to Turn Off Location Tracking on Your iPhone:
Most of you might know about the apps which track location, but some of you might not know about ” your iPhone tracking location.” It’s true that your iPhone also keeps tracing you for the “significant locations” you visit more. iPhone mainly traces this to provide location-specific suggestions when you are utilizing Siri or other voice features.
But the good news is this data is encrypted and doesn’t go anywhere. It only stays on your phone to give you better insights. If you want to turn off location tracking on your iPhone for this option means you can also do that with the below process.
- Firstly open the settings tab.
- Choose the privacy option in settings
- click on location services.
- Just scroll down to system services you will find it at the bottom.
- Then find out significant location option and click on that option.
- Now, you have to enter your Apple passcode or give your Face ID or Touch ID.
- After that only you can disable the feature entirely by switching the Significant location option which right at the top.
If you want you can delete the problematic entries as well just by click on each one separately. Whenever you press the edit button in the upper right hand, you can just remove each entry.
If you do want to know how to keep your iPhone from remembering where you have parked it means you can do that with below process.
How to turn off location to the parked option:
If you want to disable that option means you can easily do that by below process.
- Go to the settings app.
- Scroll down to Maps. And click on it.
- Go to the Your Car heading.
- Untoggle Show Parked Location.
That’s it this is all about the How to turn off location tracking on your iPhone and iPad. With these steps, you can simply turn off your location tracking on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as well.